Working from Home Productivity Tips
April 18, 2022
Indeed, it’s the new normal. Partying with a lot of people is not the first option every weekend. And regarding job related tasks – more and more companies are realizing that letting their employees work from home is a viable option, with or without high level alert from the government.
Thus, the concern whether staff can still be productive in line with that somehow more comfortable set-up. The question now is – how can this arrangement work to the advantage of both the business and its personnel.
If you are working from home, these tips can help you to be more productive while working from home:
1. Maintain Consistent Working Hours
A good work-life balance is an important factor when working from home. According to vantagecircle.com, your personal life is just as important as your professional life.
Maintaining a proper and efficient routine for your workdays during working hours is helpful. As listed by vantagecircle.com, here are some simple and basic rules yet they are tough to follow.
- Set your alarm for the time one hour before your office hour
- Freshen up and do the needful before settling in your workspace
- Before going ahead with work, set the timer for the end of your work time
- Perform your tasks with full dedication
- Shut your laptop down, as soon as the timer kicks in
- Move away from your workplace and call it a day
2. Keep a Dedicated Office Space
Aside from time management, as equally important is the office space. According to pcmag.com, making even small points of differentiation between work time and personal time helps your brain know when you’re off the clock. And one factor contributing to this is the physical space. Dedicate a desk and some peripherals that will be used only for work. An office-esque environment will enable you to keep yourself oriented to your work, as mentioned by vantagecircle.com.
3. Invest in Quality Technology
According to nextiva.com, setting up a home office or workspace may require a small investment. Much like starting a business, you may have to purchase technology such as a desktop, laptop and tablet to do your job every day.
A high-performance router will save you from many technology worries. Since working from home often requires more than chat messages, you need a reliable internet connection.
Depending on the nature of your work, you may also need to purchase extra hardware or software. Thus, our recommendation – invest in whatever you need to comfortably and efficiently do your job. Don’t settle for less. Otherwise, your work can be compromised.
Attend meetings, don’t hesitate to ask the company for what you need, let them feel your presence, let them know you still exists.
At times, communicating is often perceived as something that might be annoying to co-workers. But when you work from home, the right amount of communication becomes a lifesaver.
Also, worthy to note is – these conversations do not have to be work-related all the time. Exchange messages and memes and make each other comfortable. Create an atmosphere that is upbeat and encouraging. As summed up by vantagecircle.com, the idea is to strike conversations and engage in social interactions.
5. Stay Off Social Media
It’s a temptation. But for your own good, don’t indulge. Nextiva.com described social media as a giant time-suck. So, get familiar with your company’s social media guidelines. Because minimizing mindless use of social media helps avoid distractions. Thus, you can focus on getting more things to be accomplished. This might be a radical step to some people but nextiva.com advises WFH employees that if you love using social media, make it a habit to shut off social media notifications during the day.
It takes more than a fast fiber connection to work from home effectively. Proper conditioning and discipline are important factors, too. As well, the reminders mentioned earlier.
So, start doing these WFH instructions now to improve your routine and boost your productivity.
- What is “Quiet Quitting” and How Can You Cope With It?
September 15, 2022Read More
- REASONS WHY GOOD EMPLOYEES QUIT (And How to Avoid Them)
August 12, 2022Read More
- Make a Good First Impression During a Job Interview
February 21, 2022Read More
- How to be Efficient at Work While Improving Your Lifestyle
February 14, 2022Read More
- A Long Time Working Relationship with Your Next Employer
February 7, 2022Read More
- Top 10 Emerging IT Career Paths That Will Dominate In 2022
by Pamela Chelsea Ortiz Oct 22, 2021Read More
- These are the 5 most valuable skills to learn in 2022, says futurist—and where to find free online courses
By: Scott Steinberg Dec 21, 2021Read More
- How to Ace Your Next Interview: Tips and Examples:
By Indeed Editorial Team October 21, 2021Read More
- How to Apply for a Job in 6 Easy and Effective Steps
By: Indeed Editorial Team February 23, 2021Read More
- How to Prevent the Return to Offices from Being an Emotional Roller Coaster
By: Liz Fosslien and Mollie West-Duffy March 18, 2021Read More